How to Find the Best Residential Painter in Square, PA
For most painting jobs, it’s always necessary to hire a professional painter.
Whether it’s a large space, an inaccessible space, or simply to save time, trusting a house painter will allow you an optimal result, provided you find a qualified painter.
If you’re looking to hire a professional residential painting contractor in Square, PA, here is how to go about it;
While it is not always easy to identify the quality of a house painter at first glance, certain signs are obvious and can help you quickly unmask unreliable painters.
Keep the following things in mind;
• The cost of the project: all work deserves pay, and all good work deserves good pay. If a painter offers you prices well below those on the market, chances are he will cut some corners. Avoid them if you want a flawless paint job
• Expertise: before signing a house painter quote, take some time, and talk to the painter. Generally, a painter will be proactive and will help you find the paint best suited to your medium. If your house painter just accepts your request without any comment or advice, he probably doesn’t know much about it
• Professionalism: A bad house painter will rarely be convincing. If your painting quote seems sloppy to you or if the first contact with the craftsman leaves you with a bad impression, there is no point in continuing further
• Insurance: a serious house painter will always have taken out various insurance policies, such as workmen compensation or, more generally, civil liability. Don’t hesitate to ask your painter if his business is insured. It will also be a guarantee of professionalism.
• Awards and accreditation: There are awards and accreditations which indicate that you are dealing with a qualified house painter. This is usually a good indication of a painter’s skill, although you should be wary of some vague awards.
• Local professional painters assess your work for free to issue a free quote.
How to Find a House Painter?
To find a house painter, there are different ways you can go about it.
• Word of mouth: if you need a house painter, ask those around you. If a loved one has recently been satisfied with the performance of a painter, don’t hesitate to contact them. This is still the best way to know the quality of a house painter. Beware, however, of “customer reviews” that you find on the internet, which are often disguised advertisements.
• Business directories: naturally, it is possible to find a house painter by browsing the directory. Generally speaking, just avoid artisans presented to you by advertisements. A competent craftsman seldom needs to resort to advertising.
• Local paint store: hardware and paint stores usually have a relationship with several reliable painters; feel free to request for referrals, being sure to state your specific type of project.
Either way, never forget to ask for different painting quotes from the artisans you meet. Providing a quote is mandatory for any professional when invoicing for significantly larger painting projects.
Having a painter quote will allow you to have a first contact with the craftsman without committing yourself, and especially to know the price of your painting work.
It is also an opportunity to compare prices, and therefore get the best value for your money.
If you’re not sure about your paint skills, experience, and tools, consider hiring pros like Left Moon Painting for your furniture, cabinetry, woodwork, and interior painting needs.
We have years of experience offering residential and cabinet painting services in Kennett Square, PA, and West Chester, PA.
If you would like to give us a try, request a FREE estimate below to get started or call us at (484) 757-5295 for more information.
You May Also Like: